Great reasons to Volunteer
Ten great reasons to volunteer with us!
- Make a difference – It can be really rewarding to contribute something non-financial to a cause you care for
- Boost your confidence – Trying something new and getting out of your comfort zone every now and then can boost your confidence
- Do something interesting– Don’t let any spare time trickle away – fill it doing something interesting and thought provoking
- Meet new people – Widen your circle and horizons by meeting people you might not normally
- Improve your prospects – Having volunteering on your CV demonstrates that you show initiative and get involved in activities in your community
- Better your local knowledge – As a newcomer or long-term resident, you will develop a greater awareness of the issues affecting our community and ways to tackle them
- Put your talents to use – Got previous experience such as: problem solving or good communication skills – do not lose those skills, use them!
- Enjoy free training – CAB trainee Advisers can gain a national Citizens Advice certificate through their training. Other skills like PR, campaigning and administration can be gained on the job in a supportive environment
- Gain office-based work experience – Get ahead of the competition for jobs with some real life experience
- We need you! – Seventy five per cent of the people who work in the Citizens Advice service are volunteers, and we simply wouldn’t be here for our clients without them