Could you join us at Thetford Citizens Advice Office?
We are looking for more volunteers to train as Advisers based at Citizens Advice Thetford office. You would be trained to give face-to-face advice and support people in the local community on issues such as access to benefits, housing, money advice, relationships and much more.
Your skills – you will be:
· Computer literate and ‘keyboard’ confident
· Non-judgemental and have a desire to help others
· Have the time to commit to volunteering one day a week in our Thetford office (likely to be either a Monday or Friday)
· Happy to commit to a training programme and continuous development
What could you get from volunteering with us? :
· The opportunity to help people in your local community and really make a difference to people’s lives
· Put your existing skills and experience to good use
· Learn new skills and challenge yourself
· Meet new people and be part of a friendly team
· Enjoy free training and full support
We asked our volunteers why they chose to volunteer with us:
“It used skills that I had developed during my working life, such as analysis, problem solving, project management and team working”
“The amount of people that it helps and because it is local to me”
“The service is crucial for enabling the public to understand their options and rights. I believe individuals have the right to be informed and enabled to empower themselves”
Volunteering can also help increase your job prospect and boost confidence so really, what is there to lose?
For an informal chat please contact our Leaning and Development Lead, Becky Chapman, who will be happy to answer any questions. Email: email@example.com or telephone: 07487 225709.