Our Receptionists are the public face of every local Citizens Advice office, being the first point of contact for all visitors and people seeking our help.
We have several receptionists working in both our offices in Diss and Thetford. You can choose to offer one or more sessions each week.
Our receptionists carry out the following duties:
- welcome our clients and other visitors
- ensure clients know what is happening and how long they have to wait
- explain the services on offer
- give clients leaflets, lists and self-help materials
- take records of the number of client visits and how long they wait to be seen
- keep the reception area tidy
- enter information into computer systems
- answer the phone
You don’t need specific qualifications and experience but you’ll need to:
- be courteous when talking to people
- have basic computing skills
- have an understanding of, and commitment to, confidentiality
- be friendly and approachable.